Women's Support Center
To inquire about the services of the center you can call on free-line
Supreme Council for Women>Supreme Council for Women>Media Center>News>Council News>Supreme Council for Women supports over 6000 families
Supreme Council for Women supports over 6000 families


A nationwide campaign led by the Supreme Council (SCW) has so far served over 6,000 women-supported families in less than fifty days.

Themed “Together for the Safety of Bahrain”, the drive was launched was launched following directives from Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa, Wife of His Majesty the King and SCW President to support Bahraini families and cater to their needs, in direct cooperation and coordination with the e-Volunteer platform.

“Targeted families were been provided with help in kind, psychological and family and business consultancy, judicial and educational services through the Your Advisor programme”, said SCW Secretary-General Hala Al-Ansari.

She commended the campaign and hailed the cooperation of government departments, the private sector and civil society institutions, praising volunteers’ contribution, responsibility and commitment to serve in times of adversity.

She pointed out that more than 2000 families have so far benefited for the “Moutakatifeen”, campaign, which supplied them with consumer products, sanitisers, medical equipment and medicine for people suffering from chronic diseases, in addition to educational items.

“Bahraini women-supported families made up 80 percent of the overall beneficiaries, while families of health personnel on the front-line of the battle against (COVID-19) accounted for the remaining 20%”, she said.

She announced that the council would follow-up on the implementation of the directives issued by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa and tackle problems facing Bahraini women in all fields and cater to the the pressing needs of those working or supporting their families.